This course is suitable for all teachers who work with learners in primary and secondary contexts. These teachers (English, subject or classroom teachers) often have an A2/B1 level of English and struggle with the normal day-to-day language educators need to use in the class.
During this course teacher will be given the necessary linguistic tools that will make them more effective communicators in the classroom which will in turn offer them the opportunity to be better role models for their students.
a 7-day in-service course for a class of 16 participants
The course intends to give insights into:
- the many roles of language in the classroom
- effective instructions
- working with instructions in the class
- using questions in the classroom (eliciting, comprehension, etc.)
- developing HOTS (developing more critical thinking)
- classroom management
- the language of starting and finishing lessons
- motivation and feedback
- the language we use to encourage our learners
- the language of routine classroom actions
- developing our language for playing games and doing songs, chants and rhymes
- the building blocks of stories
Requirements for a Certificate:
- Minimum attendance requirement is 75% of course events.
- Practical Tasks like group and individual planning, observation, demonstration, micro-teaching, discussion and feed.
- Assessed portfolio work