This course is intended for teachers with a desire to increase their proficiency in using technology in the classroom, especially for those educators wishing to learn how to effectively integrate e-learning platforms to run along with their courses. The course content is not limited to teachers of a specific subject.
The training provides teachers with resources and various tools with which they can boost their e-learning content explaining the usage and giving tips concerning various ICT tools within, as well as, outside of classes.
The course intends to give insights into:
- innovative online teaching and learning solutions
- comprehensive knowledge of using the Web, blogs, wikis, instant messaging and social media
- obstacles to and advantages of using technology
- Learning Management Systems in general
- Oxford Online Learning Platform
- Cambridge Learning Management System
- using Edmodo to promote student engagement
- integrating Moodle into school context
- online resource centers
- using Google Drive, Docs and Forms
- online evaluation and assessment
Requirements for a Certificate:
- Minimum attendance requirement is 75% of course events.
- Practical Tasks like group and individual planning, observation, demonstration, micro-teaching, discussion and feed.
- Assessed portfolio work
This course also introduces ways of motivation and creative thinking through ICT for both teachers and students, introducing and explaining ways of enhanced communication within the teaching and learning process through ICT.
At the end of the course the participants will have knowledge of:
- effective use of ICT tools, software applications and digital resources
- integrating ICT into teaching-learning and its evaluation
- acquiring, organizing and creating their own digital resources
- participating in the activities of teachers’ networks
- evaluation and selection of ICT resources
- practicing safe, ethical and legal ways of using ICT
- using ICT for making classroom processes more inclusive
610.01 – Introduction and ways to connect effectively with your students
610.02 – Using Wikis for Learning and Collaboration
610.03 – How to use Blogs for Students and Teachers
610.04 – Video Conferencing for Education and Virtual Classrooms
610.05 – Moodle and other Learning Management Systems in general
610.06 – Google for Education: Solutions built for teachers and students
610.07 – Mobile apps in learning – Blogs and Websites for teachers to follow
610.08 – Preparing presentations on “Today’s Teaching Tools”
610.09 – Social Networking and Instant Messaging for Education
610.10 – Online Testing and Evaluation – Google Forms, etc.
610.11 – “Today’s Teaching Tools” presentations
610.12 – Examining resources on ICT in Education